7.5.08

Another Coast Landmark Dies

S.S. Camille is gone and soon forgotten. Sad. The old tugboat gas stood on the beach as a monument to those who suffer and survived hurricane Camille. But I guess the beachfront property where it stood for 40 years was just too valuable for the reminder to remain. Sad. That seems to be the rule of the day...to destroy all reminders of the Coast and its history and culture...and to be replaced by the crap of concrete and steel. With a little luck the Coast will soon be a clone of Las Vegas...Glass...chrome..and flashing lights.

I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

Carl said...

I put a farewell entry on my blog about the S.S. Camille. My wife grew up in Gulfport and I lived north of there. We now live in Florida but we have fond memories of the S.S. Camille. I have several pictures I took of the landlocked boat on my blog as well in case you'd like to see them.

Lefty Blogs

About Me

My photo
The truth is never as obvious as it seems